Good Morning Chefs and Buyers,
Prices remain stable on most catches for the beginning of the week. Just a few specials for Wednesday they are; red fish from Texas, Sturgeon from California, Golden Tile from Fla, John Dory, Amberline Jacks, Pemaquid Mussels, Turbot, and Sardines. Weather will be the big variable going into the end of the week, but staples will be available.
Just a short list of some sustainable seafood ideas you may want to incorporate into your menu:
- Arctic Char, farm raised in Iceland
- Mackerel, wild caught USA
- Oysters, farmed and wild USA and Canada
- Wild Striped Bass, USA tagged
- Mussels, wild and farmed USA, Canada, NZ
- Squid, wild caught USA
- Mahi Mahi, wild Americas
- Fresh Shrimp, farmed Belize and wild USA
- Sardines, wild Portugal
- Clams, farmed and wild
- Sturgeon, farmed USA
These and others are but a few of the options available if you would like to put sustainability on your menu.
"Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads."