Eating of the Shad Roe


Yesterday marked the 8th year I ate shad roe. I make it a point to have at least one meal of this springtime special. This year looks to be a much better harvest if we can make that assumption by the early and bountiful supply. Nothing seems to go better with these full sacs of eggs than bacon, so this year was no different. Since my mother in law is here from Poland I thought to add some of that flavor. The fresh smoked bacon was from my favorite Greenpoint Butcher Driggs Meat Market and I served it with a simple salad of fresh sauerkraut, apples, carrot, and shallot. Of course no Polish dinner would be complete without potatoes so some well buttered mash made it to the plate as well. Mama Babcia pronounced the meal smakuje dobra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fish Yields - or - How Much Does This Really Cost Me?

Flounder and Sole: or A Fish By Any Other Name Would Still Taste as Sweet.

Wild Edibles Seafood Update